So lately I’ve been seeing some youtubers and bloggers do these kinds of top 5 or 10 or whatever amount, and I thought it would be a great post to do! So these are some of my top 5 picks that are actually under $5, I have some other picks as well so if you want me to do a part 2 kind of post with more of my faves, just let me know in the comments!
1. First up, is probably no surprise if you watch youtube videos as constantly as I do. This bronzer by NYC in Sunny has taken over and so many times when I’m at the drugstore this product is sold out, so I have no idea why it took me so long to notice it! This is a completely matte bronzer, rare from the drugstore, and is such the perfect color for light to medium skin tones, but in particular light skin tones. This is what I use in the winter when I feel like all my other bronzers look too ‘orange’. It has a great texture and pigmentation, you should definitely pick this up the next time you’re at a drug store, and it will only set you back about $2.99 – such a steal!
2. This is another product that may come as much of a surprise just because so many people rave about this blush by Wet n Wild. The shade I have is in Mellow Wine which is just a great medium dusty pink – peach color. It’ super pigmented, almost overly so, it’s very smooth in texture and even though its matte, which can tend to be quite chalky, it’s still very soft and blendable. Again such a great deal and if I didn’t already have so much blush I would have every color! Plus it’s only $2.99, again such a great price!
3. This one is at the very top of the $5 bracket coming in at $4.99, so with tax it will come in above the $5 mark, but I just had to include this beaut because I feel like it’s very underrated. This would be the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, specifically in the shade Stockholm, a beautiful medium peachy nude. This lip cream applies almost like a mousse on the lips, dries down to a matte finish and then stays around through drinking and light eating for at least 5 hours – love it!
4. This next pick was a bit unexpected, I was just wandering through the beauty aisle in CVS – something I do not suggest by the way – and picked this up on a whim, not expecting much from something that only costs $2.99 – that seems to be the magic number in this post! But this polish is absolutely beautiful, the formula is super thin which means it dries quickly, and lasts longer. And the best part has to be the brush, which is very wide and has a curved tip, and if you love nail polish the way I do sometimes the brush can make or break a polish. The curved tip of this polish lets you get super close to your cuticles without running over.
5. And last but not least are the Nivea Lip butters, specifically the Vanilla and Macadamia scent. When I first smelled this I knew this was what heaven was going to smell like – absolutely gorgeous and yummy. These little tins hold a very creamy and moisturizing lip balm, something I suggest you slather on at night rather than in the day because if you put too much on it can create a bit of a white cast over your lips. But other than that small set back it’s a really beautiful lip butter that only costs about $3.50 depending on where you buy it.
Well that’s it for todays post, I hope you guys enjoyed it and maybe thought of a couple things you’re going to check out the next time you’re in a drug store. Until next time . . .