As you may have noticed if you’re a long time reader there is a bit of a brand theme going on throughout my posts: NARS. It’s my absolute favorite makeup brand, everything I’ve tried from the brand I’ve loved. So I thought that since I’ve reviewed almost everything I own from the brand it would be a nice round up if I told you all my top ten picks. And here they are in no particular order!
1. NARSsissit Eye shadow Palette – I’m pretty sure this is the largest collection of eye shadows NARS has put together in one unit ever before, though I could be wrong. That is part of the reason why this is in my tip list, but also just because of how amazing the shadows perform and the wide range of very wearable neutrals, which makes this something you could easily use on an everyday basis. I’ve done a full review of it here
2. Smudge proof eye primer – this is one of my holy grail products, something that I will forever repurchase. This is the best eye shadow primer I’ve ever used, again if you’ve been a long time reader you’ll know I have exceptionally oily eyelids and almost nothing stays on my lids for longer than four hours – except this. I can put this primer on at 6 in the morning, go through the most humid weather and look at myself at 10 at night with all my eye shadow looking freshly applied.
3. Eye shadow duo in Alahambra – this due contains probably the seemingly easiest eye shadows to dupe, one side of the duo is a light shimmering champagne while the other side is a pale shimmering pink. Very basic colors, but the formula on these is so outstanding I think it’s worth the splurge. They are very smooth, pigmented and long lasting.
4. Blush in Deep throat – Yes I know some of the names of NARS blushes are quite vulgar (which will be confirmed by the next blush’s name as well). However regardless of the name it’s a beautiful blush. Probably my most favorite blush of all time. It’s just the perfect balance between peach and pink which just enough sheen. I use this blush the most often probably about 4 days out of the week. I have a full review here, and a comparison between this and the next product here
5. Blush in Orgasm – See told you, the names on some of these blushes are a bit racy. Again regardless of the name the color is gorgeous. This is actually probably the single most product that has made NARS into the iconic brand that it is now. This blush alone has a cult following and its for good reason. The peachy pink blush with just the right amount of golden sheen to make it incredibly flattering on a wide range of skin tones. I would say if you’re new to the brand as a whole, this would be the first thing to pick up. I have a full review of the blush here.
6. Highlighter in Albotross – This is yet another iconic product from the brand, in the pan it looks stark white, but applied to the skin it gives a very flattering golden sheen. I love applying this to the tops of my cheek bones or on my eyelids when I’m not doing heavy eye makeup.
7. Bronzer in Laguna – Again an iconic product from the brand, I really suggest if you’re in the market for a new bronzer that you give this one a try, it’s a medium warm brown with a very slight sheen, but not shimmer. This makes it great both for all over bronzing or contouring. I have a more complete review of it here.
8. Liquid Illuminator in Orgasm – as you can see this shade is quite a popular shade. This is a liquid highlighter that looks great either applied over foundation on your check bones or mixed in with your foundation, this sheers it out a bit and makes any foundation a tad more radiant. This is also a great trick if you fee like you skin is a bit more dry.
9. Sheer Glow Foundation – this is by far my most loved foundation and I’ve repurchased it multiple times in various shades, it’s the perfect medium-buildable coverage with a very natural radiant finish. I definitely think you should check this out if you have dry to combo skin, and if you’re combo or oily you can also check out the sheer matte version. I have a complete review of it here.
10. Light Reflecting Loose Powder – And last but not least, and also my most recent NARS purchase is this radiant translucent powder. It sets makeup but doesn’t cake up on the skin, and even though it’s a powder it still manages to give a radiant finish.
Well those are my top picks from NARS so next time you’re at one of their counters or you’re in a Sephora you should definitely check out some of these products. Until next time . . .