I don’t know about you guys but I love a good clay mask every once in a while because I feel like nothing clears out the pores better. And through my search of good clay masks, this method came up multiple times. Using your own clay and then mixing it in small batches for your own personal facial, it’s also super inexpensive in comparison to buying your own premade masks. And you also know ever ingredient and you know that there aren’t any chemical nasties in it. So this is what I use every time I feel like my skin needs a good clearing out!
What you’ll need:
- Powdered Clay (I use the Indian Healing Clay which I found at Whole Foods)
- Water or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
How to do it:
– According to the packaging they want you to start out with equal parts of the liquid and powder, but I found this too thick. So I would just say to change the measurements as you g until you find the perfect texture for your liking.
– I found through trial and error that I liked to use two teaspoons of the powder and four teaspoons of water (or apple cider).
– Now just mix away until there are no lumps, apply evenly across your skin and then leave it to dry for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off.
– Now of course you can either use this as an all over mask or you can just treat certain target areas like your chin or nose if you feel like your entire face doesn’t need a deep cleanse.
I did take some pictures of the final product, but honestly it didn’t look very appealing – think of a green-gray mud! Let me know if you guys do any natural or DIY skin care stuff? I just did a post a while back on my own Vitamin C Toner if you want to check it out! Until next time . . .