Depending on where you are in the world right now, you’re probably noticing the change in the air as the seasons begin to shift. Here in California, with 85 degree weather it certainly doesn’t feel like Fall just yet, but I can tell as the sun is setting or as some of the leaves are turning over colors from green to orange, the Fall is coming here soon. I always have a tendency to change up my makeup through the seasons, and here are some of my top Autumn picks that I know will be getting plenty of use!
– Charlotte Tilbury ‘The Sophisticate’ Eye Shadow Palette – This is a new purchase that is already being put to great use, it’s full of incredible quality basic shadows that can be worn alone or used as a supplement palette for other shadows you own. Every shade has a very earthy neutral tone great for everyday.
– NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder – Ah this powder, I never thought I would love a loose powder so much, it’s very basic, but beautifully done. It sets makeup without masking the finish of the foundation – which is great for more luminous foundations (something else I love in the fall), and has a bit of radiance just in the powder itself. But it still manages to be undetectable on the skin so you never look cakey.
– Makeup Forever Aqua Shadow in 13 – This is a beautiful light neutral shimmering bronze cream shadow perfect for the base of almost any shadow look – I love pairing this with the CT palette!
– MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy – This shade is a recent discovery, very much along the lines of the brown nude lip that is making a huge comeback (primarily because of Kylie Jenner). It has a matte finish and lasts for hours on the lips through light eating and drinking, and the earthy tones really compliment the whole fall look.
– Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight – By far my all time favorite highlight – but especially in winter, when skin can become a bit dull, this adds a lovely radiance to your skin that doesn’t scream highlighter, instead your skin looks lit from within and healthy.
– Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 06 – if you’ve been a reader for the past couple of month then you know the love I feel for this particular gloss – it’s almost poetic – it’s not sticky or gloopy, instead it adds the perfect touch of reflectiveness and moisture, plus the beautiful tawny shade works in with the rest of these earthy tones.
– NARS Single Shadow in California – Ok, confession time, part of the reason why I love this shade so much is because of it’s name! But aside from that the copper and rust tones in this shadow are the perfect ‘color’ to add to a look and make it pop, especially if you have blue eyes – magic!
– Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette – Again another big time love of mine, especially for when I want my brows a bit bolder and – dare I say – bushy? What can I say, I’m a big brow lover! And this does it effortlessly without looking fake or ‘drawn on’.
– NARS Eye Shadow Duo in Cordura – Fun fact: this was my first NARS purchase! These deeper chocolate and bronze shades are beautiful additions to just about any makeup look, you can create something simple and light with them, or something dark and smokey.
Well I hope you all enjoyed this Autumn Edit, maybe when winter comes along, I’ll do another one! Let me know if you’d be interested in that. Also do you guys change up your makeup with the seasons?
Until Next time . . .