- How old were you when you started makeup?
I started wearing makeup – in the traditional sense of mascara and foundation, in 7th grade, so I was probably about 12. I remember my sister brought me to MAC because her friend worked there and she did my makeup, very subtly, and then my sister bought me a couple of the items that she used. If you want more of an in depth story I actually posted the store here!
- How did you get into makeup?
I got into makeup mostly because I had acne and I wanted a way to cover it and make it less noticeable. But when I really got into makeup, to the point I am now was through Youtube and girls like Elle and Blair Fowler.
- What are some of your favorite brands?
NARS, MAC, L’Oreal, Benefit.
- What does makeup mean to you?
For a while it meant confidence, but now it just means fun and expression!
- If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
Foundation, mascara, blush and some kind of tinted lip balm.
- What is your favorite thing about makeup?
I love how it can truly transform someone’s face or how it can subtly enhance someone’s natural features!
- What do you think about drugstore vs. high-end makeup?
I usually prefer high-end but I have absolutely nothing against drugstore, and quite a few of my favorite products are drugstore, especially mascaras! I feel like so many high end mascaras are super overrated and costly considering you have to replace them every 3 months.
- What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner?
Blend, blend blend!! If you’re not sure its blended, go ahead and blend it again. When I first started wearing eye shadow, I thought you just put it on your lid and that was it, I didn’t understand that people would apply, then blend.
- What is one makeup trend you never understood?
Probably super thin brows, or brows that was very chunky towards the center of your face and then get extremely thin towards the tail. I just don’t know how people thought that was attractive!
- What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube (or Blogging Community)?
How supportive and encouraging everyone is!
Well I hope you all enjoyed this! I tag everyone who is reading this to post their own! Until next time . . .