This year has just flown by! I can’t believe summer is nearly over and I’ll be starting on my Bachelors degree come the end of August! Usually I don’t do monthly faves just because I feel like I use all of the same stuff, but this month – as things got warmer- my makeup got lighter. So here are some of my faves from the month!
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 3 Warm Medium – I got this concealer from a swap I did a while back, and during the summer it is the most perfect shade ever. I also love that this concealer covers everything you need it to, while also being just about bullet proof in it’s staying power!
- Shiseido Perfect Smoothing Powder Foundation in 040 – This is the only powder face product that I own that when applied gives just as much coverage as a liquid foundation, without caking up or looking heavy on the skin. Plus the extra does of powder keeps my skin matte longer in the summer heat.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle – This is an oldie but a goodie! This was one of the first things I got from MAC, but after I got other highlighters this one got pushed aside. But I’ve puled it back into rotation and overtime I wear this someone compliments my makeup or my skin! Can’t beat that.
- Pink Gel Coat Nail Hardener – This little beauty was a gift from my employer, because she knew how much I loved makeup! When I first got it I wasn’t too interested, but now that I’ve been trying to grow out my nails this has been a huge lifesaver! It really seals the nail and prevents any cracking or peeling.
- GHD Gold Flat Iron 1 inch – Do you ever have those products that you take for granted – but then as soon as its gone, or in this case broken, you suddenly realize how much that product meant to you? Unfortunately that was the case this month, somehow it stopped working, my dad thinks it may have been from a voltage surge because I used it getting ready at a friends house and things were being plugged in and removed a bunch. Anyways, my dad is super mechanical and when I told him I was going to send it away to be repaired (because this gal was not going to pay another $225 for a flat iron), we found out that the repair site I was considering had how-to videos to repair them yourself, plus replacement parts! Needless to say have flat, smooth, frizz free hair has been incredible since my dad repaired this for me!
So these are all of my favorites from the month! Let me know what your top pick was from the month, and until next time . . .